Net neutrality is the principle that internet service providers and governments should treat all data on the Internet the same. It means that all internet traffic should be treated unanimously. The idea of an open internet is that all the resources of the internet are easily accessible to all individuals and companies. Closed internet may have restricted access to web standards, degradation in some services. Internet service providers should provide with open networks and should not block or discriminate against any applications or content that flows across network. It is applicable to all the services or IT Industry as HawksCode Softwares Pvt. Ltd, London, UK is providing services of Software, ERP, Mobile Application Development in all Industries.
Just as telecom service providers should not decide who you can call, in the same way ISP should not be concerned with the content consumer view or post online. Net Neutrality is important for businesses as they can launch their businesses, advertise their core products and services and distribute products to customers.
Pros of Internet Neutrality
2) Internet Neutrality avoids discrimination among users while providing similar access to information for people of different socio-economic group.
3) Internet Neutrality advertises freedom of choice as users can see the content of their choice.
4) Anti- Discrimination prevents the capacity of ISP to decide which content should have limited access or to promote specific kind of content.
Cons of Internet Neutrality
2) Networks do need to manage networks and Quality of Service provided by these service providers. In case of Internet neutrality it is difficult to manage quality as there is unlimited traffic flow.
3) Next issue in case of Internet Neutrality is related to Bandwidth access providers. Bandwidth is finite not unlimited, it is not scarce as of now but supply and demand market should be recognised.